Friday, October 12, 2012

Dallas Cowboys Baby Blanket



This is a baby blanket I made for my baby nephew.  My sister decorated his nursery in Dallas Cowboys memorabilia.  I found pre-cut Dallas Cowboys fabric on eBay and bought a couple of yards of muslin for the back.  I also added a fleece border from a previous quilting project.











The first thing I did was to arrange the pre-cut squares into four 9-square squares (the fourth square is identical to the first square).  I also chose which of the squares I wanted to use for the center and for the corners of the quilt.  I then cut pieces from a navy blue fabric for a border that connected the 9 squares together.  I was not happy with the size of the blanket and wanted it to be a couple of inches bigger, so I cut pieces from some scrap Dallas Cowboys fleece material I had left over from another quilting project. 






























After sewing the top pieces together, I then added a white muslin back and batting for the center.  I quilted stars on each of the 9-squares and then sewed the edges of the quilt together.  This project only took a weekend to complete and turned out quite cute and can be hung as a wall quilt when the baby grows to large for it.



Since I had a pre-cut square and some fabric left over, I used it to make a dish soap apron.